HVPD KRONOS® Spot Tester
Detect, Measure and Locate Partial Discharge in Minutes
The HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester is a brand new portable diagnostic test unit for detecting on-line partial discharge (OLPD) in all types of in-service plant, including cables, switchgear, transformers and rotating machines operating at 3.3 kV and above.
The HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester is a 6-channel, synchronous, battery powered test unit with a rugged and compact design especially optimised for field portability.
Quick and easy to set up, it detects the early stages of insulation deterioration, providing an early warning against Medium Voltage (MV) and High Voltage (HV) insulation faults and supports condition-based maintenance (CBM) schemes, reducing unplanned outages, downtime and maintenance costs.
Features & Benefits
- Compact, robust and easily transportable system.
- Battery powered: 8+ hours of operation for testing at remote locations without the need for a power supply.
- Synchronous data capture on 6 channels enables advanced OLPD identification and noise separation for accurate PD diagnostic measurements in noisy environments and testing multiple assets at the same time.
- Software displays data in real time, providing immediate feedback about the insulation condition.
- Shorter re-visits: HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester software remembers previous calibrations and rules
- Data acquisition and advanced diagnostic analysis is performed with HVPD Kronos® software.
- Available with a wide range of PD sensors for testing multiple applications.
- Compatible with On-line PD Mapping and the HVPD Portable Transponder System for PD site location on cables.
- Integrated software selectable filters.
- Available with a tailored training course to meet your operational requirements.
- A complimentary reporting service package with data analysis for 25x files in the first year after purchase.
HVPD Kronos® Software
The HVPD Kronos® software is used for data acquisition and analysis through to report generation. Data is acquired and presented in real time whilst statistical pulse wave shape algorithms identify PD and discriminate noise signals allowing the system to accurately identify and locate insulation faults.
Various data analysis tools are available including Phase Resolved PD patterns, reports are generated automatically in Microsoft Word format. The software displayed left shows a phase resolved PD plot before and after de-noising with the HVPD Kronos® software.
Application Specific Kits
The HVPD Kronos® Spot Tester serves the “locate” part of the 4-phase approach to asset management.
The unit is available in an array of sets for testing in all types of in-service plant from cables, switchgear, rotating machines and transformers.