The HVPD Kronos® Portable Monitor is an on-line partial discharge (OLPD) continuous monitoring system for short-term installation. This monitor is designed to be moved around the network for short-term OLPD monitoring sessions of 1-3 months. It provides a diagnostic insulation condition assessment of in service plant, including switchgear, cables, transformers and rotating machines of 3.3 kV and above.
It can be used routinely or after a high PD level is detected with the PDS Insight™ or HVPD Longshot™ unit. The system trends PD activity over time and detects any load variances and intermittent PD activity. Uniquely in the market, we provide a dedicated service contract in conjunction with the monitoring technology and HVPD OLPD Measurements Database© to provide a comprehensive support to Condition-Based Management scheme.
- Suitable for short-term continuous monitoring of 1 to 3 months.
- It represents Phase 3 of the HVPD 4-Phase Asset Management solution and is used to monitor partial discharge activity.
- Supports Condition-Based Management schemes, reducing unplanned outages, downtime and maintenance costs
- The 24-channel HVPD Kronos® Portable Monitor (also available in 4-channel) captures six signal channels synchronously using its unique Smart Multiplexer.
- With 24 sensor inputs, a single HVPD Kronos® Portable Monitor covers up to four stationary assets together with the switchgear and feeder cables.
- Generates a simple OLPD Criticality number for the asset from 0-100% through benchmarking and trending with the central HVPD OLPD Database©.
- It is compatible with our range of on-line partial discharge sensors for all applications.
HVPD Kronos® Portable Monitor can be moved around the network enabling fast deployment of the system while maintaining the full capacity of the continuous monitoring system.
It can be used for periodic monitoring of stationary assets at-risk or to carry out short-term evaluations.
- Available with optional OLPD Monitoring Service Contract including subscription to the HVPD OLPD Measurements Database©, software upgrades, extended warranty, engineering support, data analysis, reporting and asset management assistance.
- Synchronous data capture on multiple channels enables advanced OLPD identification and noise seperation.
- A report is issued at the end of the monitoring period with asset management recommendations.
- Comes with a specially designed, rigid carry frame for easier transport around the network.
- Available for purchase or rental.
- HVPD Kronos® Portable Monitor can be moved around the network enabling fast deployment of the system while maintaining the full capacity of the continuous monitoring system.
Noise Reduction Performed with the HVPD Kronos® Portable Monitor Software using Event Recogniser© Software Module
The HVPD Kronos® Portable Monitor software enables discrimination against electromagnetic noise and interference. The below OLPD monitoring results show that only around 1 pulse in 1000 detected by the monitor is a partial discharge pulse, the remaining 999 being noise.